Become a Member
Start enjoying some of the benefits of membership
Thank you to those Members who joined us at the Annual Members’ Meeting on Wednesday 3 May 2023.
If you missed the opportunity to participate on the day, you can catch up on what happened and watch the recording here.
All resolutions were passed. Below is a breakdown of the voting results:
1. Receive the Society’s Annual Report for the year ended 28 January 2023. The resolution was passed: 98.43% in favour, 1.57% against.
2. To approve the Annual Report of the Remuneration Committee as contained in the Society’s Annual Report & Financial Statements for the year ended 28 January 2023. The resolution was passed: 97.94% in favour, 2.06% against.
3. To approve the appointment of the Society’s Independent Auditor, MHA MacIntyre Hudson, Rutland House, 148 Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2FD, for the financial year ending January 2024. The resolution was passed: 98.37% in favour, 1.63% against.
4. To approve a Member dividend distribution of £676,000 for purchases made in the second half of the financial year – which covered the period from 7 August 2022 and 28 January 2023. The resolution was passed: 98.70% in favour, 1.30%.
5. To approve a Colleague dividend distribution of £743,000. The resolution was passed: 98.72% in favour, 1.28%.
6. To approve Membership and Community Distributions comprising: £149,000 for the Community Dividend Fund; £475,000 for the Membership and Community 2022/23 Annual Budget; £86,000 to fund our partnerships with other co-operatives; £80,000 to fund other Membership Support. The resolution was passed: 97.30% in favour, 2.70%.